A great addition to a BBQ, or just grilled as a snack.
- Assorted veggies. Ones that work well include sweet peppers, cherry tomatoes, onion, courgette, aubergine and mushrooms.
- Dressing - one part balsamic or white wine vinegar with three parts olive oil.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Pitta bread.
- Stick the veggies on a skewer.
- Liberally brush them with the dressing and grind black pepper over them.
- Cook on a BBQ, turning regularly, until they're slightly charred.
- While the kebabs are cooking, cut the pitta bread. The cut should be about 1cm from the edge, and deep enough so that once warmed the bread acts as an envelope.
- Once the kebabs are cooked, open the pitta bread, put the kebab in the bread, and slide it off the skewer.
- This is a great dish to have at a BBQ.